Saturday, July 4, 2009

Archery Training

Try Something New Every Day – Day 10

Knowing that I needed to take it easy yesterday I did what’s a hard thing for me to do these days, I relaxed! I didn’t know what would I could try that was knew though as I’m low on cash flow this week and I just wasn’t up to trying some new athletic challenge. I had a good time relaxing with Jessica and then Harry but time was slowly fading on my challenge. That’s when it hit me that I could kill two birds with one stone. I needed to shoot my bow and I was wearing my glasses. Normally I would have put my contacts in to shoot as I always hunt wearing them but I decided then was as good a time as any to prepare for shooting while wearing glasses should I ever need to. I went out to the driveway and set my targets up and begin to shoot. Unfortunately I can only get up to 30 yards in my driveway but I figure practice is practice! After shooting standing up for a while I brought a chair out and practiced that way for a while. Unfortunately my shooting isn’t scaring too many deer right now. I wish I could blame the glasses but they presented zero issues to my shooting.

As always the more practice we can get, the better. I have a long ways to go to be ready for the season as so many changes in my life have gotten me off of my practice routine. The good news is I have plenty of time to prepare if I buckle down and do it, which I know I will.

Happy 4th of July to you all! It’s a great country that we live in that gives us the freedom to pursue all of our crazy dreams, we should never forget that!

No comments: