Thursday, January 22, 2009

Obsession

Every day I think about hunting. At least one thing about hunting crosses my mind constantly its such a multifaceted sport that there is always something to keep you from getting bored. Is it a healthy obsession? I think in the long run it is. As long as it’s not interfering with the rest of your life, (i.e. family, job) then I personally believe its ok to have a hunting/outdoors obsession. I work for Mossy Oak and the companies tag line is “it’s more than a passion, it’s an obsession”, and I believe that’s true for quite a few of us. I like the fact that there are so many varieties of game to hunt and so many variations of ways to hunt them. I sometimes get bored easily but there is always a different challenge when it comes to hunting. Take whitetail hunting alone, even if you only stand hunt think of the different things that go in to that throughout a year. Just listing a few things that can go in to it in a year that pop in to my head… scouting, stand hanging, food plots, shed hunting, and actually hunting. There are many things within those groups as well, there is after season scouting, in season scouting, late summer scouting and much more. There really is no cause for an outdoorsman to get bored. There is always something to do to feed the obsession.

No comments: