Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Preparing for Big Game Hunting in 2008


Preparing for Big Game Hunting in 2008

Well the 2007 season is over and my big game hunting efforts came up less than stellar. However my thoughts are already on next season! Next year I will have 5 whitetail tags and despite limited time available I want to use every one of them. If I am to do this then the planning and effort must start now. I must become a vastly better hunter in the space of months. To accomplish my goals I will be doing the following and more… Scouting every single day I have available, practicing my bow skills daily, working on my woodmanship, reading every article I can on deer and deer hunting, and upgrading my equipment. Another step I plan to take is to get in the best shape of my life. This will help me get deeper in the woods and will make hauling all of those animals out a lot easier. Even if my time is to limited to go really deep I will be more alert and feel better wherever I hunt. Even more importantly though my first child will be here soon and I definitely want to be around for him for a long, long time!

I plan to hunt for more than just whitetails but with my son on the way in February my time may be to limited. I would really like to do some turkey and bear hunting as well but we will see how that goes. As much as I love hunting nothing is more important than my family so the most important off season move I can make is to learn to successfully balance my family with my passion for hunting. I will update my progress as often as possible, for now I wish all of you the best!

No comments: