Sunday, February 3, 2008

Getting Better Every Day

Big game hunting in VA has been over for a month now, I’ve been hurt (back injuries), busy getting ready for my son, and many other things that have kept me out of the woods way more than I would have wanted but I’m still doing the best I can to do something every day that will make me a better hunter. The Internet has made the pursuit of big game knowledge so much cheaper and easier than it used to be. Every single day I can search out useful information, tips, and techniques about whatever topic that I choose to research. I also peruse various forums and blogs looking for knowledge and/or inspiration. I really like to read stories about more successful hunters as well, because it lets you know if another man can achieve their dreams then you can to as long as you’re willing to work hard enough. At some point in time I plan on profiling some of my favorite “pro hunters”. I really enjoy reading their stories and drawing inspiration from them when my own confidence dips. As mentioned in my previous posts I’m also trying to get in shape. I’m not going to have a lot of time to hunt this year most likely as my son is due to be born any day now so I have to make the little time available to me count. If I continue gaining in knowledge, shooting my bow daily, get in better shape, and scout every day that I can I feel that this can be a very successful year, by my standards anyway!

No comments: