Saturday, February 2, 2008

Down and Out

I’m 33 years old and I’m probably in the worst shape of my life. I’m not “fat” really I just have no muscle tone and a “beer” belly. I hurt my back for the umpteenth time Tuesday and I ended up missing 3 days of work. I have never in my life missed 3 days in a row. I actually went 8 years in a row at one point without missing a single day. I can’t have this happen again. I have a son due in about 2 weeks and I can’t afford to be down and out and not help take care of him. I recently wrote about how I was going to make fitness a priority in my life and I haven’t done it but that’s going to change. I finally got another treadmill Sunday night and I only got to use it one day before hurting myself but you can bet I will be using it 3-4 times a week as well as weight training 3-4 days a week from now on. A change is coming for me and I won’t let my family and myself down again. I know this entry really isn’t about hunting but if I don’t get healthy and stay healthy it’s really going to be hard to get much hunting done.

No comments: