Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mid-March Update

I apologize for the lack of updates lately. My family and I have been trying to get used to a new schedule for us and while it’s definitely better all the way around it’s just going to take a little getting used to. I think I will be able to update a little more now that things are falling in to place but bear with me while things fall in to place.

As far as the past few weeks, I’ve been having a blast! Josh Blevins and I worked the Bass Pro Shops Spring Fishing Classic and the Spring Turkey Expo at the Gander Mountain in Greensboro NC. The Spring Fishing Classic was a little slower than expected due to the unusually warm weather but we had a good time and met some great people! The Turkey Expo was also a little slower than expected but was again made a success by all of the great people we met including fellow ProStaffers Barry Kirby and Rodney Topper. Both of those two fine gentlemen were Turkey ProStaffers and they could make calling sounds so realistic that we were looking for our guns!

On another note… I attended a church service in Bland County at the Rocky Gap Pentecostal church. The service was being hosted by Teen Challenge USA and it was an incredible experience. Teen Challenge is a helping hand for troubled young people and their testimonies were life changing! The things these people had been through and overcame through God’s love were amazing! I know that what they do is real because one of the testimonies was from a close family member. The changes in his life were nothing short of incredible! Check them out as soon as you get a chance, you won’t be sorry!

Josh and I have a lot on our plates right now, from family, to bow tournaments, to spring turkey scouting, but I will try to update you all the best I can. May God Bless you all!

No comments: