Sunday, March 16, 2008

Deer Scouting Wytheville VA 3-16-08

Yesterday I did a little roadside scouting, just seeing if the deer are still nocturnal or if they’re coming back out in to the fields in the daytime. I didn’t get to travel at the time I wanted to but I did see some turkey but no deer. I’ve been reading “Bowhunting Pressured Whitetails” by John and Chris Eberhart, I’m not very far in to the book and it’s already motivating me to do all that I can to make more time for scouting right now because this is the best time of the year. I already knew that but due to the fact that Harry needs so much attention I haven’t been doing all I can do. I also recently bought a hang-on stand from K-Mart that was on sale! I’m going to set it up on the one small piece of private property that I hunt on. I’ve been shooting my bow more now that I have it fixed and I’m starting to get more consistent from different angles and ranges! I’ve been doing fair on my fitness, it’s getting tougher due to Harry again but I’ve also been lazy about things, I have been working out etc just not as hard as I should be, however today I’m getting back on track!
Everything else is going well, I’ve been having a blast hanging with Harry and Jessica, work has been great, and the rest of the family is great as well! My life is so blessed right now and I thank God for that! Best wishes and happy St. Patrick’s Day to you all!

No comments: